How can you be sure you are dealing with a firm of integrity that upholds the highest principles and standard of service? After all, almost anyone can become an estate agent in this country without any qualifications or minimum service standards.

Agents who wish to demonstrate their commitment to consumer protection will be members of The Property Ombudsman, indeed we are. The Property Ombudsman is an independent and impartial body that can listen to any complaints and award financial compensation if appropriate. Member agents agree to abide by a rigorous Code of Practice and any agent that is in The Property Ombudsman can certainly be regarded as a "good trader".

An important aspect of membership of The Property Ombudsman is that members undertake not only to abide by a high level code, but also to be judged by an independent third party if a complaint is made, and to abide by whatever that judgement is. Any financial reward that The Property Ombudsman makes in the consumer's favour is binding on the agent.

This is good news for the consumer. The service is free, and should any complaint against a member agent be lodged with The Property Ombudsman (and, by the way, we have never had any, nor do we expect to), the matter is dealt with quickly, and conclusively, without recourse to a court of law, saving the complainant considerable time and expense.

estate agents romford

The sale of your property is too important to entrust to just anyone. So when the time comes to sell, for peace of mind, we urge you to choose an agent who is a member of The Property Ombudsman.

For more information on The Property Ombudsman please download The Property Ombudsman's Code of Conduct or The Property Ombudsman's Consumers Guide.

choosing the right estate agent


In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the service that you have received from Glenisters Estate Agents ltd, please write in the first instance to the Managing Director, David Glenister. If we are unable to resolve the situation to your satisfaction you will be referred to The Property Ombudsman.